Published October 2014
The 2014 PWNA Convention will take place from November 1–3 in Orlando, FL, at the Embassy Suites Orlando—Lake Buena Vista South. Reservations can be made as follows:
• Hotel Name: Embassy Suites Orlando—Lake Buena Vista South
• Hotel Address: 4955 Kyngs Heath Road Kissimmee, FL 34746
• Phone: (407) 597-4000
• Booking Website: Use the Code PWA to receive the PWNA discounted rate of $119/night plus tax.
* The cutoff date to receive this discount is October 2, 2014.
The detailed schedule of events will be available shortly. Courses and events are below.
• House Washing
• Roof Cleaning
• Wood Restoration
• Fleet Washing
Other Courses/Non Certifications:
• Power Washing 101 with Tracy Handl of North American Pressure Wash Outlet
• OSHA Training with Linda Chambers of Soap Warehouse
• Chemical Safety with Linda Chambers of Soap Warehouse
• Nuts & Bolts of Your Business Plan with Vickie Eubanks of South Shore Building Services
• Parking Garage Cleaning and Filtration Systems with Jim Gamble of Crystal Cleaning Company, Nigel Griffith of Griffs Services, and John Tornabene of Clean County Powerwashing
• Taking Your Business into the Millions—Panel Discussion
• Snack and chat roundtables
• Trade show
• Outdoor demonstrations
• Vendor auction
• Nightly cocktail reception put on by the hotel
Congratulations to Jared Greene who won the skid at the 2013 PWNA Annual Convention & Trade Show. This year, again one lucky attendee will win a Hydro Tek skid:
• Model SC35006KG
• 3500psi, 5.5gpm
• 725cc Kohler gas engine
• General triplex belt drive pump
• 115v Beckett burner system
• Adjustable thermostat, up to 250 degrees; Onboard 115v generator for auxiliary power; SpiraLast coil with lifetime warranty.
All contractors will be automatically entered to win this prize when they register for the show. Only contractors are eligible, and you must be present at the time of the drawing to win.
The annual convention is another of the four pillars of the PWNA. Annually people from across the country and from across all the power washing industries get together for continuing education, networking, seeing old friends, and seeing the latest in equipment from distributors and suppliers. In a few fun days, you can learn what has taken others a lifetime to learn. It is an opportunity to learn what is happening across the country regarding regulatory issues. It gives you an opportunity to see what might be coming to your community and gives you time to prepare for it to protect and maintain a profitable business. The annual convention is the highlight of the year for many PWNA members. Join today to take advantage of this powerful resource. Visit www.pwna.org/convention.