Published October 2016
The 2016 WJTA-IMCA Expo will be held Nov-ember 2–3 at the Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. The Expo is the premier tradeshow and educational program dedicated to high pressure waterjet technology and industrial/municipal cleaning. Representatives from all related industry sectors, including waterblast cleaning and field services; paint/coating removal and surface preparation; concrete removal; industrial and municipal vacuuming; hydro excavation; and field cutting are invited to attend.
“Our goal is to help equip participants with the tools necessary to succeed in a competitive and challenging marketplace through educational programs, safety practices, equipment options, innovative live demonstrations, and opportunities to connect with high-level contacts and build new relationships,” says Peter Wright, WJTA-IMCA association manager. “Industry professionals can see and learn about new robotic waterblasting equipment, safer and more ergonomic manual/semi-automated waterjetting equipment, and advanced vacuum trucks/hydro excavators.”
“The Future of Our Industry” panel discussion is a highlight of the educational program. Panelists representing contractors, industrial facilities, and manufacturers will share insights into future challenges and opportunities.
“So much has changed in the hydroblasting and municipal cleaning industry in the past few years,” says panel organizer and moderator Kerry Siggins, CEO of StoneAge Inc. “The automation movement has inspired technology development. A laser-like focus on safety has instigated updates in plant and contractor safety practices and programs. Manufacturers are continuing to create solutions to address tough application and environmental challenges, and industry leaders are grappling with change due to consolidation within the industry and a shrinking workforce pool. Join us on November 2, 2016, as our panelists explore these issues and their potential impacts on the future of our industry.”
The Boot Camp educational program will cover focused, industry-specific information and training to improve safety, productivity, and the bottom line. Topics include waterblasting safety devices and use, OSHA regulations and new developments in foot protection, productivity through automation, electronic driver log requirements, hydroblast training and best practices, new requirements for vacuum trucks (verified ground/diesel engine runaway/vapor emissions), pressure loss, and trends in hydro excavation.
A focused global exposition of new industrial waterblast tools and equipment, trucks, ancillaries, and services will be on display in the exhibit hall. Participants will see cutting-edge equipment operate, be introduced to the mechanics behind the operation, and observe safety practices necessary to avoid jobsite accidents during innovative live demonstrations.
Networking events, including the Northern Safety & Industrial-spon-sored Industry Appreciation Reception on November 2, 3:30–5:30 p.m., will give participants opportunities to connect with industry leaders and make valuable new contacts.
Additional details are available at www.wjtaimcaexpo.com or contact the WJTA-IMCA by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (314) 241-1445.
• 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Exhibitor Move-In
• 7:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.—Registration/Badge Pickup–Hall J
• 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.—Exhibitor Move-In
• 7:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.—Registration/Badge Pickup–Hall J
• 8:00–10:30 a.m.—Outdoor Live Demonstrations–Parking Lot F
• 9:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.—Exhibit Hall Open–Hall J
• 10:40 a.m.–3:15 p.m.—Educational Boot Camp Sessions–Room 283–285
• 3:30–5:30 p.m.—Industry Appreciation Reception–Hall J
• 7:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.—Registration/Badge Pickup–Hall J
• 8:00–10:30 a.m.—Outdoor Live Demonstrations–Lot F
• 10:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.—Exhibit Hall Open–Hall J
• 10:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.—Educational Boot Camp Sessions–Room 283–285
• 1:00–6:00 p.m.—Exhibitor Move-out
The popular Boot Camp educational sessions provide quality, high-impact instruction on industry-specific topics that directly affect your business. You will take away actionable ideas and information to improve your safety, productivity, and bottom line.
• 10:40–11:10 a.m.—Waterblasting Safety Devices and Use
• 11:20–11:50 a.m.—OSHA Regulations and New Developments in Foot Protection
• noon–12:30 p.m.—Productivity of Tube Bundle Cleaning through Automation
• 12:40–1:10 p.m.—Electronic Driver Log Requirements
• 1:20–1:50 p.m.—Hydroblast Training and Best Practices
• 2:00–3:15 p.m.—Panel Discussion: The Future of Our Industry Major topics of discussion include:
-The Workforce Pool
-Technology—Advances in Automation
-Industry Mergers and Acquisitions
• 10:30–11:30 a.m.—New Requirements for Vacuum Trucks: Verified Ground/Diesel Engine Runaway/Vapor Emissions
• 11:50 a.m.–12:20 p.m.—Pressure Loss/Pressure Drop
• 12:30–1:00 p.m.—2017 Trends in Hydro Excavation